As promised, Xiaomi has released MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM for Redmi Note 4/4X and Mi 6 smartphones. These are the first batch of handsets confirmed to get MIUI 9 Global Beta update from today i.e. August 11. The new MIUI 9 is Lighting Fast compared to its predecessor MIUI 8 and brings several new features such as Image Search, Smart Assistant, Smart App Launcher and more. You can check complete changelog of MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM by referring below source link.
Recently, MIUI 9 China Beta build was released for Redmi Note 4/4X and Mi6, today company rolls out Global Build for users all around the world. The MIUI 9 Global Beta update brings the version 7.8.10 for both the models. Though future MIUI 9 Global Beta update will be pushed via OTA but for now, users need to download the ROM and flash it manually. You don’t need to look around as below we have shared detailed steps on how to flash MIUI 9 ROM.
Unlike MIUI China ROM, these MIUI 9 Beta ROM comes included with Google Apps. So, there is no need to flash GApps separately.
Here’s the changelog for the MIUI 9 build 7.8.10:
- New – Deep-level system optimizations (08-07)
- New – New icons (08-07)
- New – New animations for launching and exiting apps (08-07)
- New – Simpler Home screen editing (08-07)
- New – Introducing Split screen (08-07)
- New – Improved Silent mode triggered by the volume button (08-07)
- New – Improved readability for the start page of Messaging (08-07)
- Optimization – Devices with rare Bluetooth profiles are hidden in the device list (07-25)
- New – Search for apps in the Dual apps settings (08-03)
If you’re running a MIUI 9 beta ROM, you should be able to download the latest MIUI 9 build through the Updater app on your phone. If you’re on a stable build, you’ll have to download the ROM from the link below and flash it manually. Before you do that, you’ll have to get the bootloader unlocked.
Download MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM
The following installation guide make wipe your device data. So, it is advisable to perform backup of all your important data.
- Installing MIUI 9 ROM via Fastboot mode needs unlocked bootloader.
- Install Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
- Make sure the battery level on your mobile is more than 75% to avoid unnecessary power-off between the installation process.
- Enable USB Debugging.
How to Install MIUI 9 Recovery ROM
1. Firstly, ensure your device is on latest MIUI 8 ROM. You can check from the path Settings > About phone > System updates > Check for updates.
2. Now you need to download MIUI 9 ROM file and save it to device storage.
3. Go to App Drawer and launch ‘Updater’ app on your device.
4. From app main screen, you need to tap on three-dot menu located at the top right corner and select the option “choose update package”.
5. Here you need to choose the MIUI 9 Recovery ROM file which you’ve copied to device storage.
6. Confirm! That’s it! The flashing process starts automatically. Once done, the Xiaomi phone automatically boots into MIUI 9 ROM.
How to Install MIUI 9 Fastboot ROM
1. Firstly, download and install Mi Flash Tool on your computer.
2. Now download MIUI 9 Fastboot ROM on your computer.
3. Turn off your device and boot into Fastboot mode. To do so, you need to power-on your device by pressing and holding “Volume Down + Power” button.
4. Once the device enters into fastboot mode, you need to connect it to PC using a standard USB cable.
5. Launch Mi Flash tool and enter the MIUI 9 ROM path into the address bar.
6. Next, you need to click on ‘Refresh’ to confirm the connection.
7. Finally, click on ‘Flash’ button to start the flashing process.
8. Once done, the device automatically boots into latest MIUI 9 ROM.
So, that’s the simple guide on how to update Xiaomi phone to MIUI 9 ROM. If you face any kind of issues during or after the installation process, do let us know in the below comment section. Also, share the post with your friends on social networks and let them help installing MIUI 9 ROM.